Burgess Hill CC is a registered Community Amateur Sports Club (CASC). This enables our club to recover gift aid from HMRC on all donations that we receive from taxpayers. In addition being a CASC enables the club to register with Localgiving and participate in the various fundraising initiatives that they operate throughout the year. BHCC’s dedicated Localgiving page can be found here. Due to the generosity of our members and friends the club has raised substantial funds for each of the last four years with the Grow Your Tenner matched funding campaign. By raising funds through this means the club was able to purchase a new bowling machine, a junior bowling machine which has been used to great effect throughout the winter net sessions and essential youth training equipment. This additional income enables us to maintain our annual membership fees at the lowest level compared to many clubs in the County and ensure that there are no additional charges for our extensive winter nets coaching programme and junior match fees.
Localgiving receives funding from a range of generous grant funders, trusts and individual philanthropists, which it uses to run their regional development programmes, incentivised giving campaigns and cover a portion of their core costs.
In addition, they charge £60 + VAT for charity memberships and take a 5% commission on donations, which goes towards making them sustainable as an organisation. At present their trading does not generate a surplus. Any additional revenue they may make will be re-invested to provide:
- Enhancements and new features for their site to improve the service for charities, fundraisers and supporters and make online fundraising easier
- Free training workshops, webinars and resources for local charities and community groups – teaching online fundraising and digital marketing skills
- Marketing, advocacy and research to raise public and state awareness of the sector and encourage donations
- Match funding campaigns to enable all of our charity members to benefit from additional funding and build practical fundraising experience
Since they launched in 2009 over £15m has been raised and distributed to our members, including £3m of match funding.
- Over 5,000 charities and community groups have created a Localgiving page to raise donations
- More than 158,000 individuals have donated to a local charity or community group through the platform
- More than 4,000 fundraiser pages have been created to raise money for a local cause
- More than 20,000 monthly Direct Debit donations have been set up to provide long-term continuous support for local charities